Dania Jai-Alai Building Fetches $65.5 Million

A group of Argentine casino operators and local businessmen purchased the Dania Jai-Alai fronton, the court where the fast-paced ball game is played, for $65.5 million on Wednesday, the Sun-Sentinel reported.
Jai Alai was once among South Florida’s most popular attractions, but spectators for the Basque sport are now all but non-existent. The buyers plan to convert the 60-year-old facility into a race track and casino.
The Argentine businessmen, who own 75 percent of the facility, operate 27 casinos in Argentina under the name “Casino Club.” Louis Birdman, Barton Seidler and Steven Levy lead a group of local investors holding the remaining 25 percent share.

Share and Enjoy:
  • email
  • Facebook
  • LinkedIn
  • Twitter
 

-------------------------

Get the latest industry news and information from CRE-sources delivered right to your email inbox!

And we promise…no more than one email each morning.

 

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TODAY!

 
0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.