The University of Miami School of Business Administration has established a new accelerated MBA program with a concentration in real estate.
Bringing together the School of Business’s strengths in management education with the strengths of the University of Miami’s School of Architecture in new urbanism, the program is designed to prepare students to succeed in commercial real estate market careers.
The program includes two paid industry internships, one in South Florida and a second in one of a number of real estate markets across the U.S.
The 18-month program begins each spring with the first internship, and concludes in December of the following year. The second internship takes place during the second summer in between class terms.
• Six-month paid real estate industry internship prior to first semester
• Paid summer real estate industry internship between first and second semester classes
• Consulting project with real estate industry non-profit organization
• Specialized MBA curriculum focused on commercial real estate
• Real Estate Industry Courses:
• Introduction to Commercial Real Estate Analysis
• ARGUS and Excel for Real Estate Analysis
• Project Management and Modeling
• Real Estate Finance
• Real Estate Investments
• Introduction to New Urbanism
• Real Estate Law
The new real estate MBA program is among a number of real estate initiatives at the School. The School, along with the School of Architecture, organized the University of Miami’s first Real Estate Impact Conference in February 2012, bringing together some 300 professionals to discuss the reshaping of urban spaces through global capital and ingenuity.
The conference was headlined by industry giant Sam Zell, chairman of Equity Group Investments, and Jorge M. Perez, chairman of The Related Group.
In addition to the new accelerated MBA program with a concentration in real estate, the School offers a Bachelor of Architecture/MBA (BArch/MBA) program in partnership with the School of Architecture, an MBA concentration in real estate, and an undergraduate real estate major.
Get the latest industry news and information from CRE-sources delivered right to your email inbox! And we promise…no more than one email each morning.
And we promise…no more than one email each morning.