The U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) has issued a Request for Information (RFI) concerning the redevelopment of the David W. Dyer Federal Courthouse in Miami, Florida.
The Spanish-Mediterranean Revival was constructed in 1933 and sits on 1.6 acres in the Miami Federal Justice Center. Located at 300 Northeast First Avenues, the asset is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and until 2008, the building was occupied by the Federal Judiciary. It was designed by architects Paist and Steward design building.
With the recent construction of the new Wilkie D. Ferguson U.S. Courthouse, tenants of the Dyer building relocated to the newly constructed courthouse. As a result, GSA seeks to understand the possible development potential and usage for the property.
The RFI is posted on FedBizOpps.gov through October 1, 2012.
This initiative is the latest in the agency’s ongoing effort to dispose of excess properties, making more efficient use of the government’s real estate assets and saving taxpayer dollars. Over the past year, the federal government has sold and transferred 97 excess properties valued at $82 million.
Get the latest industry news and information from CRE-sources delivered right to your email inbox! And we promise…no more than one email each morning.
And we promise…no more than one email each morning.