Two years after many workers vacated their offices due to the pandemic, businesses are reevaluating their space needs as workers return. As a result of this trend, many businesses are exploring options in buildings other than traditional multi-tenant office buildings.
As businesses consider where and how to work, flex-office space provides an attractive and cost-effective alternative to traditional office space. Sunbeam Properties & Development Vice President Ryan Goggins has found that companies, particularly in the healthcare sector, are making the shift toward flex space.
“The workplace has changed substantially since the pandemic and many indicators suggest that this new way of doing business is here to stay,” said Goggins, who represents the Miramar Park of Commerce, the largest locally owned and managed business park in South Florida, among other properties. “Businesses are attracted to flex office space at the Miramar Park of Commerce due to the lower price point, the ability to control your own office environment, central location and shorter commute times. Our flex-office spaces offer private entrances, private restrooms, no common areas, no elevators and independent HVAC systems. These features provide businesses with maximum control of their office environment.”
Several substantial leases have been signed recently at the Miramar Park of Commerce as companies seek to lock down flex-office space. Many of the new tenants are part of the healthcare industry, further establishing Miramar Park of Commerce as one of South Florida’s premier healthcare hubs. Among the companies accounting for the more than 130,000 sq. ft. of new leases is:
- Dedicated to mobilizing patients, VitalGo, Inc. invented and manufactures the Total Lift Bed™ which is used by the world’s most prestigious healthcare facilities. The healthcare company recently signed a 16,917-sq.-ft. lease in MPC-8A at 3315 Commerce Parkway.
- Founded to improve catheter-based cardiac procedures, East End Medical has signed a 17,432-sq.-ft. lease in MPC-2A at 10320 USA Today Way. The company’s first product, the SafeCross Transseptal RF Puncture & Steerable Balloon Introducer System, provides physicians with a predictable and safe solution for crossing the atrial septum using a single device.
- Acorn Health PH, LLC, a leading provider of center-based and home-based Applied Behavior Analytics (ABA) therapy services for children with Autism, has signed a lease for 5,907 sq. ft. of flex office space in MPC-9A at 3122 Commerce Parkway.
- HCW Biologics, Inc., a clinical-stage company advancing the development of novel immunotherapeutics designed to disrupt the link between chronic, low-grade inflammation and age-related disorders, has expanded to 12,381 sq. ft. of space in MPC-11A at 2929-2941 North Commerce Parkway.
- onehome has signed a 25,658-sq.-ft. expansion at the Park leasing 3620 Enterprise Way. onehome is a supplier of medical equipment prescribed by a physician for a patient’s extended use in the home. onehome also leases space in the Miramar Park of Commerce for its home health care services, including home nursing service, and maintains an onsite pharmaceutical lab with administrative and operational offices.
- Engineered Comfort Solutions (ECS), has signed a lease for 4,689 sq. ft. of flex office space in MPC-3A at 3837 Commerce Parkway. ECS is a commercial, industrial and institutional HVAC and Building Automation Control System firm specializing in delivering prompt, efficient and economical, “Single Source” HVAC and BAS Design, Installation and Emergency Technical services.
- 4 Best Business Corp., a provider of IT hardware and software sales, electrical contractor, staffing solutions, infrastructure design and architecture, technical helpdesk support, computer support and consulting services to small and medium-sized businesses and government, has signed a lease for 4,527 sq. ft. of office flex space and warehouse storage in MPC-2B at 10380 USA Today Way.
- The City of Miramar Fire-Rescue Department has signed a new lease for 13,499 sq. ft. of flex office and storage space in MPC-4A at 3133 Commerce Parkway Miramar, FL 33025.
Jonathan Kingsley and Jarred Goodstein of Colliers International worked with Goggins and Peter Apol of Sunbeam Properties & Development to represent the Park in all transactions.
“Workplace changes that have unfolded since the beginning of the pandemic have presented a unique opportunity for our business park as companies look for innovative space options,” added Goggins. “Flex-space offers an accommodating work environment at an attractive price point. That’s a win for prospective tenants and their employees.”
Get the latest industry news and information from CRE-sources delivered right to your email inbox! And we promise…no more than one email each morning.
And we promise…no more than one email each morning.