The MIAMI Association of Realtors (MIAMI) elected Stephen R. Rigl, MBA, SIOR, CCIM as its 2021 commercial president. He and the 2021 MIAMI leadership boards were installed March 25 at MIAMI’s 101 Inaugural Gala Reception at the Biltmore Hotel Country Club Courtyard.
“I’m honored to be 2021 president of MIAMI Commercial as we look forward to accomplishing some great things for our commercial members this year with the support of our esteemed MIAMI Board of Governors and MIAMI professionals,” Rigl said. “MIAMI Commercial membership extends its heartfelt thanks for the dedication of the professionals at MIAMI Realtors in advocating to resolve so many pandemic-related issues for commercial real estate.”
MIAMI Commercial leaders impact key policy decisions and important issues affecting the South Florida commercial industry, analyze information, are actively and visibly involved in events and programming, and promote Miami and South Florida commercial and investment real estate worldwide. MIAMI represents 52,000 residential, commercial, and international real estate professionals.
Rigl is a senior director with Binswanger-Gateway Partnership in South Miami. Rigl has been serving commercial real estate since 1984. He is experienced in office, industrial, multifamily and land transactions.
Under Rigl’s leadership in 2021, MIAMI Commercial is rolling out significant user interface upgrades for our MIAMI Commercial MLS product and a new profile page for each commercial member featuring a history of their transactions on both the buy and sell sides – essentially an online “done deal” resume.
In 2Q 2021, MIAMI Commercial and our Florida CCIM Chapter partners will kick off a new quarterly International Deal-Making Session starting with commercial Realtors in Toronto and followed by Puerto Rico.
Also, MIAMI Commercial and the National Association of Realtors (NAR) have underwritten a white paper on ongoing adaptive reuse CRE projects in Miami-Dade, scheduled for presentation by the renowned economist KC Conway of Red Shoe Economics in 1Q 2021.
In addition to his term with MIAMI Commercial, Rigl is president-elect of the Florida CCIM Chapter. He served as its vice president of finance the last two years. Rigl is also a current board member and past president of the Miami-Dade Monroe CCIM District.
Rigl holds the Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM) designation, which denotes the completion of advanced coursework in financial and market analysis as well as significant commercial transaction experience. He is also a Society of Industrial and Office Realtors (SIOR) designee, signifying professional recognition of the highest level of achievement, knowledge, accountability, and ethical standards in today’s commercial real estate industry.
Rigl received a Master of Business Administration (1990) and undergraduate finance (1983) degrees from Florida International University.
Announcing the 2021 MIAMI Commercial Board
Joining Rigl are:
- Commercial President-Elect Michael Hinton, CCIM of APEX Capital Realty
- 2020 Commercial President Fernando Arencibia, Jr. of Arenci Properties Realty
- Governor Lenys Camacho, MSIRE of Upper Real Estate Management
- Governor Richard Candia of Douglas Elliman Real Estate
- Governor Peter M. Catania III of PMC Prime Properties, Inc.
- Governor Kay Conageski, SRES, ILHM, MRP of The Keyes Company
- Governor John Dohm, SIOR, CCIM, CFP of Infinity Commercial/Florida Transatlantic
- Governor Augusto J. Fonte, CCIM of AJF Properties, Inc.
- Governor Jose A. Garcia, C2EX of Keller Williams Capital Realty
- Governor Joshua Kohn of Kohn Commercial Real Estate
- Governor Kevin A. Krueger of Rise Realty
- Governor Jonathan Lay, CCIM, MSF, MSIRE of Fairchild Partners
- Governor Jamie Rose Maniscalco, MA of APEX Capital Realty
- Governor Tamika Moses, MSIRE of Robin Bird Realty Inc.
- Governor Jorge Napoles, CCIM of Sperry Commercial Global Affiliates
- Governor Lorenzo Perez Jr., CCIM, CIPS, MSIRE of Premier International Properties
- Governor Ronald Sadaka of Fausto Commercial Realty Consultants
- Governor Jaime Sturgis of Native Realty
- Governor Danny Zelonker, CCIM, SIOR, e-PRO, TRC of Z Miami Commercial RE Inc.
Paul Cauchi serves as Chief of Commercial for the MIAMI Association of Realtors. Teresa King Kinney, CAE, CIPS, GRI, RCE, TRC serves as the CEO for the MIAMI Association of Realtors.
Get the latest industry news and information from CRE-sources delivered right to your email inbox! And we promise…no more than one email each morning.
And we promise…no more than one email each morning.