The South Florida office of Duke Realty Corporation (Duke Realty) has announced that it signed 463,092 square feet in office and industrial leases in the first quarter of 2013. This volume resulted from leases with several new tenants, as well as renewals and expansions by existing customers.
“Our ability to attract and retain tenants in our South Florida properties is testament to the appeal of these buildings in terms of location and quality,” said Ed Mitchell, Senior Vice President of Duke Realty’s South Florida operations. “Our local team also has excellent insight into the market, so we are well-positioned to offer knowledgeable recommendations as well as superior space options.”
Duke Realty’s South Florida office was represented by Chris Gallagher, Vice President, Leasing, in all of the office leases and Stephanie Rodriguez, Senior Leasing Representative, and Justin Cope, Leasing Representative, in the industrial transactions.
- Pediatrics Associates, the largest pediatric group in Florida, moved its corporate office to 24,091 square feet in Royal Palm II, a Class A office building located at 1000 South Pine Island Road in Plantation. Chris Coots with Flagler Investment Property Group represented Pediatrics Associates in the transaction.
- Also in Royal Palm II, the GSA signed a new lease for 12,821 square feet. Sterling Hedley with Smith Real Estate Services, in conjunction with CBRE, represented the GSA in the transaction.
- In another new lease, Darkside Gaming leased 10,048 square feet in Sawgrass Building A located at 13800 Northwest 14th Street in Sunrise. Zach Wendelin with Cresa served as the tenant representative.
- Arnet Pharmaceuticals expanded its space to 84,863 square feet and extended its lease in Westport Business Park 3 located at 2525 Davie Road in Davie.
- Graebel South Florida Movers has signed a new lease for 83,306 square feet and will move its operations to Park Central 11, 3760–3774 Park Central Boulevard in Pompano Beach. David Wigoda with Jones Lang LaSalle represented Graebel in its lease.
- In another new lease, Alumiglass LLC has leased 58,057 square feet in Gateway Center 3, 3402–3430 Quantum Boulevard in Boynton Beach. Robert Smith with CBRE represented the landlord in the transaction.
- Ocwen Financial Corporation also has signed a new lease for 51,931 square feet in Park of Commerce 3 at 5720 Premier Park Drive in West Palm Beach. Ocwen was represented by Jeff Kelly with CBRE in the transaction.
- Cort Business Services Corp. signed a new lease for 50,548 square feet in Atlantic Business Center 1, located at 1700 West Atlantic Blvd. in Pompano Beach. Harry Tangalakis with CBRE represented Cort in the transaction.
- Zenaro Lighting, Inc. expanded its leased space to 27,967 square feet and has relocated to Gateway Center 2 at 3602–3630 Quantum Boulevard. Robert Smith with CBRE represented the landlord in the transaction.
- Goodman Distribution, Inc. is relocating to 27,879 square feet in Airport Center 3 at 1865 Okeechobee Road in West Palm Beach. Goodman Distribution was represented by Walter Byrd and Brant Landry with Transwestern in the transaction.
- Innovative Therapies is relocating its corporate headquarters from Washington, D.C. to 19,266 square feet in Park Central 5, 3700 Park Central Boulevard North in Pompano Beach. Tony Hoover with CBRE represented Innovative Therapies in its new lease.
- In another new lease, Italian Terrazzo & Tile Company will occupy 12,315 square feet in Gateway Center 4, located at 2055 High Ridge Road in Boynton Beach. Christopher Thomson with Cushman & Wakefield represented Italian Terrazzo & Tile in its new lease.
Get the latest industry news and information from CRE-sources delivered right to your email inbox! And we promise…no more than one email each morning.
And we promise…no more than one email each morning.