Steve Hyatt Honored As Berger Commercial's 'Broker of the Year' And Finalist For NAIOP Award Of Excellence
Commercial real estate veteran Steve Hyatt was recently named Berger Commercial Realty’s “Broker of the Year” and a “Creative Deal Maker of the Year” finalist by NAIOP South Florida for the 2016 Awards of Excellence.
The NAIOP South Florida Awards of Excellence acknowledge commercial real estate professionals whose achievements have contributed to the region’s economic growth and business environment in a given year. Winners of the Awards of Excellence will be announced on February 25.
“Steve’s extensive knowledge and experience in brokerage allow him to successfully valuate, position and market assets on behalf of our clients time after time,” said Berger Commercial Realty President Lloyd Berger. “It is for these reasons and his ability to recognize value that he is an essential member of our firm and a go-to broker for landlords, tenants, buyers and sellers throughout Fort Lauderdale.”
Some of Hyatt’s noteworthy transactions in 2015 included:
Representing Alliance Residential Company for the $22.1 million purchase of 4.26 acres of land on S.E. 17th Street from Art Institute Investments, LLC. The property is the former site of Ocean World, a marine park and tourist attraction that closed in 1994. Alliance plans to develop an eight-story, 394-unit apartment complex, named Broadstone Harbor Beach, on the site.
- Representing 17 FLL Holdings, LLC, an affiliate of InSite Group, for the $7.8 million purchase of a four-story office building from Intervest-910, LLC on Fort Lauderdale’s 17th Street Causeway. InSite Group, which acquired the Yankee Clipper in 2014 and transformed it into B Ocean Resort, relocated its headquarters from Weston and now occupies and leases the building.
- Facilitating a $7.5 million deal between Alliance Residential Company and Sunrise Properties and Investments #14, LLC for a 12-acre land parcel on Sunrise Boulevard slated to become Broadstone Plantation, a multi-family apartment complex featuring 250 garden-style units.
- Representing the Village Shoppes at LHP, LLC for the purchase of a 5,128-square-foot retail building in Sunrise from Heyward Family Business, L.P. for more than $2.4 million. The building has been triple-net leased by Tires Plus, a subsidiary of Bridgestone, since it was built in 2000.
- Representing CBSA Law Plaza, LLC for the $1.9 million sale of a .87-acre parking lot in downtown Fort Lauderdale to the AIDS Healthcare Foundation. Located on S.E. 8th Street, the parking lot is adjacent to a four-story office building that was purchased for $4.9 million from CBSA Law Plaza in 2013 by AIDS Healthcare Foundation subsidiary AHF MCO of Florida.
- Representing Holman Automotive, Inc. for the $600,000 purchase of a land parcel on S.E. 15th Street for a BMW dealership. The BMW service center, located one mile away on S. Andrews Avenue, was purchased by Holman Automotive in 2013 for $5.6 million in a deal that was also closed by Hyatt.
A Florida licensed real estate broker since 1985, Steve Hyatt earned his bachelor’s degree from Wake Forest University in Winston-Salem, N.C. and is currently a Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM).
He is a also
- a member and past board director of NAIOP South Florida
- a CoStar Power Broker multi-year winner
- a graduate of Leadership Broward Class XIII
- an executive board member of Jack and Jill Children’s Center
- a past board member and treasurer of the Community Foundation of Broward
- a past president of the Wake Forest Club of South Florida
- and a member of the Wake Forest Alumni Council.
Add the latest industry news and information to YOUR website and
establish a new kind of internet marketing presence for your business!
CRE-sources’ monthly website and blog maintenance packages will provide your website
with fresh, frequent and compelling blogtent™ every week with a frequency to match every budget.
Contact CRE-sources Today For More Information!
Get the latest industry news and information from CRE-sources delivered right to your email inbox! And we promise…no more than one email each morning.
CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TODAY!
And we promise…no more than one email each morning.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!